Saturday, February 7, 2009

King and Queen

(Click image to see larger version)

Project 365 - Day34

I've been trying for a while to get this photo uploaded and posted with no success. I finally decided to do things a little differently. So you might notice that the images are being displayed differently. But you can always still click to go right to Flickr to see my photos and the original shot.

Now about the photo.

I call this photo King and Queen... Of the spices that is. I mean salt and pepper are staples in everyone's spice rack. Don't you think that earns them those titles? Anyway, as I was looking around for photo opportunities for day 34 I glanced over and spied the spice rack. That's when this idea hit me.

I had this image in my head about exactly how I wanted this photo to look and feel. After many trails and errors, I'm sorry to say I didn't quite make it. I'm not as pleased with the final shot as I'd wanted to be for several different reasons. I don't think I'll go into them with this post, but I will say don't be surprised if I don't revisit this idea again at some point down the road.

However, the shot is not a total loss. I did learn something new about lighting while trying to grasp the shot. Therefore, this became the pick of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment