Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blindsided


Blindsided
Originally uploaded by ThatTessGirl
Project 365 - Day 32

As I might have mentioned, I find myself home a lot these days. Work and home and the occasional trip to the grocery store is about all I seem to do. Well, at least that's what it feels like. So I find myself searching for items to take photos of that are interesting and creative. To be honest, this project has stretched my creativity I think. In a good way.

Take today's photo for example. Who'd have thought that my blinds would become so fascinating? Well, they did to me as I sat and stared at the play of shadows against light. I was so intrigued I started snapping photographs and fell for this one.

I think I like it so much because at first glance you can't really tell what you're looking at. And even though you can see a peek of the outside world slipping through, there's no hint as to what it truly is.

I did do some post processing on this shot - Black and White filter (which isn't a very far stretch from the original color version), Noise reduction and tweaked the sharpness.

4 comments:

  1. I really like this one. I know what you mean about trying to find something creative insideyour own home. It can really stretch you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hotter Than...! Thanks for visiting. You know some days I find the shot really quickly and others not so much. But I'm glad for the creative stretch. I think I really needed something to jolt my creative senses and this project has and continues to do just that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the creativity! I know exactly what you mean about stretching it -- I'm finding that too. Love the play of shadows and light. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lynn. I do love the play in this one. I keep staring at it and just thinking.

    And I seriously am enjoying the creative stretch with each passing day. I honestly think I needed to refill my creative well, and this project is seriously helping me do that.

    ReplyDelete